Trauma Informed Programs
Trauma & Trauma Informed Programs
Friday, May 21 - 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Presenter: Keigan Aabel-Brown, MSW MUBHWET Project Coordinator Marshall University Center of Excellence for Addiction and Recovery
Training Agenda (90 minutes)
9:30 am - 10:00 am: Trauma 101
- What is trauma?
- Prevalence of trauma
- What can cause trauma?
- How does trauma affect development?
10:00 am - 10:30 am: ACES
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Understanding community ACES
- ACEs – how did we survive?
10:30 am - 11:00 am: Trauma Informed Approach
- Trauma informed practice
- Core principles of a trauma-informed approach
- Six principles for understanding trauma and a trauma informed approach.
Trauma Professionals Development